Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

Samhain Costume, Cont.

Today I finished off (for now) my Samhain costume, by making a fairy wand.



They're really simple, and can be used for costumes, rituals, and representations of the element air. Simply find a stick that you like in your yard, the park, etc. Mine is about two feet long, but go with a length that you will like. I recommend you use a fallen stick, as wood that has dried out seems to work better, but if you're set on cutting a branch, make sure to ask the tree's permission, and leave a gift of some kind afterwards, be it a bit of hair, water, etc. Then, use a pocket knife or other carving tool to scrape off the outer layer of bark, leaving a few natural inches at the bottom for a handle. If there are any rough spots, go over them with some sandpaper, before painting on any designs that you want. I did stripes at the top and just above the handle in the elemental colors, but you could also use runes, spirals, or anything else that speaks to you. Lacking a real crystal, I also added a plastic rhinestone to the handle, and some white ribbons to the top. Other adornments could include bells, beads, feathers, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment