Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Wednesday

October 5th, 2011

Most people have a specific routine they go through in the morning and evening. For instance, in the morning, I take a shower, eat breakfast, and go on Facebook. But every day before I leave the house, and every night before I go to bed, I have a mini ritual I perform, known as a daily devotion. Now, such devotions can be easily incorporated into any religious structure, and I'm sure an atheist could write one they would be comfortable with as well. However, as a Pagan, my example shall naturally be Pagan in nature. While performing a devotion, you can certainly stand if you prefer that, but I like to sit in a comfortable, upright position, facing my window. If you can be outside that's even better, but I wake up at 5:00, so sitting outside is not particularly practical.
In the morning, ground and center, and then say in a calm, clear voice "I am one with universal perfection. I invoke the positive energy of the Lord and Lady to bless and cleanse my body and spirit that I may perform this day in perfect love and perfect trust, as is befit a member of the Craft of the Wise."
Evening devotions follow much the same procedure, though with a few phrases changed. After grounding and centering, say "I am one with universal perfection. I invoke the positive energy of the Lord and Lady to bless and cleanse my body and spirit that I may sleep this night in peace and wisdom, as is befit a member of the Craft of the Wise."
If there is wording in these examples that you dislike, or something that just doesn't speak to what you believe, feel free to change it. Remember, worship is a personal experience, and I'm only sharing what works for me. If you would like to embellish this procedure and add some burning incense or tea light, that is also perfectly acceptable. Personally, I always wanted to light some incense, but I'm not allowed to burn it, as it's a safety hazard.

No comments:

Post a Comment