Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Thursday

October 20th, 2011

Turquoise. One of the better-known gemstones, and one that I have been utilizing a lot these days. It is found (in the USA, anyway) primarily in the South-west. It also occurs in Mexico and Iran. Turquoise comes in a variety of colors, the most common of which is a bright sky-blue. It can, however, have a greenish hue. Some rarer varieties can be found in an apple green. While there are numerous uses for turquoise, the complexities of which I don't know enough about to get into, I generally use it to enhance the 5th, or throat, chakra. Turquoise, when worn or held to this energy vortex, allows one to speak more clearly, and be self-expressive. As I have daily choir and play practice, I have found it extremely helpful. I have a turquoise ring and necklace, both of which get frequent use. If you need a bit of a vocal pick-me-up, if you have any throat or voice-related disease, or if you have difficulty expressing yourself to others, wearing turquoise can be helpful. For some added oomph, cleanse it in ritual, and empower it for your purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment