Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

October 15th, 2011

Today was another one of those days with simply Goddess-blessed, stellar weather. There's not been a cloud in the sky, the sun is shining, and the autumn air is crisp and cool. I had been worried that it would rain today, after a wet Thursday and Friday, but it didn't. I went apple picking with my family this afternoon, at Royal Oaks Orchard, which is about an hour from where I live. The apples were delicious, and plentiful! We picked half a bushel, and got some white mini pumpkins to add to the house's decor. Mom also got some apple cider, and apple cider donuts. Mmmmm..... If you have an apple orchard anywhere near your house, I highly recommend going. We're going to make pies and apple-sauce with ours, but they could also be baked into breads, used to top off yoghurt, or just enjoyed as-is. If you cut an apple in half cross-wise, as in the picture, you can see nature's little pentagram in the center. It's a great thing to share with kids. I mean, hey I'm a teenager, and I find that really cool. One could also go apple-picking before Mabon, but I think more varieties are available in October. That would be something to look into, though, as apples are the fruit of the Mabon season. I hope to post some pictures from our trip soon, but I forgot my camera, so I have to wait until mom puts her pictures on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment