Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Wednesday

October 19th, 2011

Remember that lovely weather that we've had here-abouts recently? Well, today was a bit different. It was drippy all morning, and then this evening it has been pouring. However, rain is simply another aspect of the earth, and as such is just as sacred as the sun, snow, and wind. While it hasn't been storming, a particularly strong blast of wind reminded me of a part of Silver Ravenwolf's interpretation of a Pagan creation myth.

"When thunder roars in the heavens and lightening cracks from the ground, the Lord and Lady dance the divine myth of creation so that we may remember Them and know that we are never alone, and that we all are one."

There are, of course, many beliefs within Paganism itself, not to mention other religions, as to earth's creation, but I've always been a fan of Ravenwolf's description, as it closely mirrors how I have instinctively felt from a young age.

No comments:

Post a Comment