Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

October 17th, 2011

I have covered divining with pendulums before, but that has been the only tool I have yet to venture into a post about, so I thought I would begin having a daily post about different tarot cards, in addition to my regular posts. The tarot is an interesting topic, because it allows one to ask far more in-depth questions, and examine the various levels and factors in a situation. If you already have a tarot deck, that's brilliant! My deck, a gift from my lovely Aunt C, was illustrated by Stephanie Pui-Mun Law, and is absolutely gorgeous. If you don't, do not despair. In the event that you are unable to purchase one, you could draw your own deck (you don't have to be a master artist), or use regular playing cards. The tarot is divided into a Major and Minor arcana. The Major indicates major events, while the Minor indicates smaller or more subtle events. The Minor arcana is further divided into four suites: wands, cups, swords, and pentacles. I will begin with the Major arcana. These are 22 cards, each symbolizing a unique event or characteristic. I will list the meanings commonly associated with each card, but that may vary depending upon the reader. If your gut instinct goes against what I have written, trust it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 - The Fool: new beginnings, pleasure, passion, thoughtlessness, rashness, doing before thinking, adventure, unlimited possibilities.


1 - The Magician: Originality, creativity, skill, willpower, self-confidence, manifestation, the elements.

My crummy pictures hardly do the cards justice, but these are sample cards one could reference. If you are using a deck of playing cards, one would need a regular deck of 52 cards, as well as another 22 cards that could be marked for the Major Arcana. If you choose to do this, simply write the Major arcana titles on the bottom of those selected cards. The rest you could choose to mark, or have the correspondences (which I will cover later) recorded elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment