Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

October 9th, 2011

Of all the divination tools out there, pendulums are one of the simplest to master. Nevertheless, their power should not be underestimated: they are very accurate and effective, not to mention quick and straight-forward.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Pendulums, unlike tarot or rune stones, are generally used only for yes or no questions. They can also be used to locate lost objects, but I'm getting a bit ahead of myself there. To begin, hold one end of your pendulum firmly in one hand, so the chain and weight hang loosely. Many pendulums have a weight at both ends; divine with whichever end you prefer. Then ask the pendulum to show you its key for "yes". It will begin to swing. Take note of the direction, as this will vary from pendulum to pendulum. Mine swings closer and further for yes, but another may swing in a clockwise circle. Then ask for "no", "maybe", and "cannot be determined". Again, all of these will vary depending on the pendulum used. If you buy a pendulum, it may come with a card that says how it will swing, for "yes", "no", etc. I would double check the meanings anyway, just in case. Once you have established the directions it will swing, state your question. Try and be clear and precise, but not too wordy. The pendulum will then swing in one of the four directions you recorded earlier, giving you your answer. If you get "cannot be determined", it may be that you need to reword your question. It could also be that there is another action that needs to be taken, before you can get the answer to your question.
~~~~~~~~~~~
And now, the big question I'm sure everyone is thinking: have I ever used a pendulum, and to what degree of success? Of course I've used one! What's this? You want examples? Well, all right, I'll oblige you with a couple... Saturday morning, I asked it if my dad would let me stay overnight at Hazelnut's house. It kind of stalled for a moment, but then gave me a yes. When I asked my dad initially, he said no, but if you've read any of my previous posts, you know he changed his mind. Not even half an hour ago, I used it to locate a penny that my little brother, Ben, most tragically lost under my reading chair. Oh, now you want to know how to use it to find stuff? Well, I suppose I did promise you...
~~~~~~~~~~
To locate a missing object (this also applies to a person, pet, etc.), first determine the general area the thing is likely to be. For example, when looking for Ben's penny, I asked if it was under my desk, and got a negative response. I then tried "under my chair", and got a positive one. Then, I went to my chair and held my pendulum over various areas until I again got a positive response. I looked down in that area, and lo and behold, the one cent piece my brother had tossed my room upside down for. Ah, little brothers... Anyway, I hope this brief introduction to the pendulum proved useful in some way, shape, or form. It's simple, and as my brother could tell you, very useful. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment