Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

October 16th, 2011

I have a Pagan friend who needs help. She's smart, absolutely hilarious, and one of the most amazing, beautiful people I know. But her home life sucks, and she's got clinical depression. If you are reading this, I don't care who you are or what you believe, take a moment to send her some positive energy. We've been trying to get her into counselling, but it's so hard to find good therapists who will work for free. In light of this, I want to take today to put down two simple spells to banish depression and negativity, as well as a ritual for increasing self-esteem. This goes out to my soul sister, and to any other Pagans out there also suffering depression.
~~~~~~~~~~
To Banish Depression: Go to a place with running water, like a stream, river, etc.. Light a candle for the Lord, and a candle for the Lady (tea lights would work well for this), and take a black stone in the right hand. Focus all the reasons for your depression into the stone. Let your negative feelings drain out of you and fill the stone. Then throw it into the water, and say "I cast you out, let the bad wash away. Let me be filled with peace and harmony.". Sit for a few moments and enjoy a feeling of positive energy flooding you.
To Banish Negativity: When you are feeling particularly stressed, take a deep breath and say or think to yourself "Sun by day, moon by night. Let all dark thoughts be put to flight." Take another deep breath, and release the tension in your body.
To Boost Self Esteem: Take a ritual bath, and really relax. Break out the bubbles, bath salts, special shampoos or lotions - whatever you have. If all you really have is your everyday shampoo and soap, run a bath anyway and add some dish soap and table salt. Afterwards, put on a ritual robe or other special outfit. For anyone on a budget (like me, for example) or who just can't have robes, tie a bed sheet around yourself toga-style. Create Sacred Space, and cast a circle. If you like, play calming music, or natural sounds. On your altar, have a red cloth, on which are pink, white, and silver candles (all-white are acceptable, as are those birthday candles in the bottom of the kitchen drawer). Have also a pen, a mirror, and hearts cut out of construction paper. Light the altar candles, and take a good look at yourself in the mirror. Open your mind to the Goddess, and let her tell you all the amazing things about you. Write these on the hearts. If a negative response comes, write it down, scribble it out, and burn it in the silver candle. Then look in the mirror and say "I am not {insert negative comment here}, I am beautiful/handsome.". Take as long for this exercise as you need. Then say (with feeling) "I am Goddess/God. I am connected to all things great and small. I am Goddess/God. I am the giver of strength and love to life. I honor the Divine in me! Blessed be.". Then eat something tasty, and get out in nature, even if that means sitting on the back porch and enjoying the weather.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Remember, no matter who you are, you were made specially by the Lord and Lady, and have something unique to bring to the planet, and to learn. Never let anyone or anything cause you to forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment