Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

August 6th, 2012

After leaving for Hazelnut's house Friday afternoon, I returned yesterday around 7:00. On Friday, I got acquainted with Hazelnut's new familiar, Gypsy, a black kitten who they found abandoned in a park. She's absolutely adorable, although her wee little claws sure are sharp! We also made meringue cookies, some of which we decided to take on Saturday to share. Saturday morning, we stopped at a Subway restaurant to get lunch, already in our costumes. The expression on the employee's face was priceless. Then we drove to the festival park, getting there early to sign in as volunteers.


There wasn't a great deal for us to help with, so instead, we spent the day exploring the vendor's tents, watching the Swords of Valour perform their sword fights - they're quite a hilarious group, actually - and spending a large portion of the money we brought. It will never cease to amaze me how blatantly Pagan the Faery Fest is: it seemed like everyone had a pentacle necklace, a Triple Goddess tattoo, a dancing Goddess necklace, or some combination of the three. And even those who didn't often reflected one or more of the themes in their wares.



We found a vendor from OakMoon Crafts selling beautiful sets of embroidered towels, wash cloths, Books of Shadows, shirts, and more, with the embroidery including fantasy dragons and faeries for non-Pagans, and pentacles, Sabbat imagery, and Triple Goddess signs for those who were. I was really tempted to take home a Lammas washcloth, but somehow I wasn't sure that my parents would approve. That was only the tip of the proverbial iceberg, though. One huge tent had a vast variety of goods, ranging from fox and raccoon tails to delicate beaded jewelry. Hazelnut found a perfect ceramic cauldron for $3, as well as a lovely brass chalice. I got myself a pouch to hold stones and herbs in. Speaking of stones, there were at least three places specializing in semi-precious varieties, which I took a particular interest in exploring. I ended up with a piece of emerald calcite and fluorite. Also on day one, I purchased a small besom, as my previous one was... lacking, to put it kindly, as well as a snail-shell water vial. We chased giant bubbles around for a while, enjoyed some wonderful music, and were about to head around again when a huge storm blew in, closing the Fest a few hours early. In the meantime, Hazelnut and I headed back to her house, where we relaxed for the evening. Sunday morning, it was back to the Faery Fest. Because of Saturday's storm, some of the vendors had had trouble with their tents, so Hazelnut and I helped get things in order. We also gave Meadowynn and the Faery Queen a hand with the tea parties, where little faery girls could listen to stories, eat some cookies, and enjoy blueberry lemonade. Later, I had a chance to hit up some more stone vendors, and used the last of my cash on pieces of unakite, red jasper, malachite, sodalite, and bloodstone. Finally, may I just say that some of the costumes we saw were spectacular. There were whole hosts of faeries, Green Men, pirates, and other sprite-ly beings who had really gone all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment