Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Thursday

August 2nd, 2012

This is quite the jam-packed week, here, magickally speaking! Yesterday was Lammas, today is Esbat, and tomorrow I'm going to Hazelnut's house for the Fairy Fest.
Rather hilariously this morning, my mom and I were driving my dad to work when I told mom that Hazelnut wanted me to head over at around 4:30 tomorrow afternoon. My dad had no idea what we were talking about - he didn't realize I was going to be gone this weekend, even though I've been planning my trip for almost a year! Also exciting, to me at least, was the realization yesterday that we have a second litter of wee baby bunnies inhabiting the backyard. I was watering the hostas, when BANG - this itty bitty fluff ball came barrelling out from under the plant, saw me, turned around mid stride and dashed into the neighbor's yard. Nick spotted him again this morning, so we all headed out to see him. So precious.
For Esbat today, I'm listening to some of my favorite Pagan tunes and watching some Youtube videos by other Pagan web-goers. One in particular has me interested - creating a travel altar. I'm familiar with the concept: a small, portable altar tucked in a purse, bag, or even a tin, containing all the basics for a ritual. I have a very basic version that I kept in my school locker last year, but I got some great new ideas and now I'm considering expansion options.
~~~~~~~~~~
A travel altar could include:
  • A cloth to set everything up on
  • A God/dess representation (statues, two stones, two tea lights, etc.)
  • Small vials for salt, water, sand, etc.
  • A feather
  • Miniature wand
  • A pocket knife (for an athame)
  • Tarot Cards or other small divining set
  • A few other tea lights or birthday candles
  • Matches
  • A sea shell
  • A mini broom for a besom (many stores sell these and brushes with their larger counterparts)
  • A small notebook for journaling
  • A small crystal
If you intend to set up a travel altar, bless and consecrate the supplies, as well as the bag they are to be carried in. Then, any time you're on the road, you can take an altar with you, without having to pack up your home altar,house shrine, etc.

This is a travel altar designed by Dancing Goddess Dolls:

To see more, visit this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment