Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Thursday

August 9th, 2012

Getting ready to go back to school, and seeking ways to get the most out of the year? I know I am, and I've been rooting through my BOS, other books, and of course, the internet, looking for simple spells to enhance my learning. If you have a suggestion for me, I'd love to hear it! So far, all I've settled on definitively is that I'll be taking my Fluorite and Calcite and will empower them for memory. These I shall add to a pouch, along with a sprig of Rosemary, that I will wear on the first day of school, and at other times when I feel I need that extra boost.

If you would like to try the same, but don't have the stones, you could, of course, buy them, or substitute in other stones that have the ability to boost intelligence. A Clear Quartz is a good universal crystal that will work beautifully if you don't have any other options. Crystals not your thing? Try rolling the Rosemary in a tube of yellow paper, and perhaps adding a feather. Both of these are symbols of the Element Air, and it is these elementals that bring intelligence and wisdom. I'll keep you posted as I come up with other spells and ideas.

Today's stone, for those interested in my running saga, is Malachite.

~~~~~~~~~
Malachite

Physical Characteristics: Malachite is a stone coming in a deep green with banding in a bright, almost lime, shade. It may be tumbled or raw. It is also available in polished clumps.

In Nature: Often results from the weathering of copper ores, and is typically found with Azurite. Associated with limestone deposits around the copper.

Chemical Composition: Cu2CO3(OH)2 (Copper Carbonate Hydroxide)

Mohs Scale Hardness: 4 (low-middle)

Can be Found: Worldwide, especially Russia, West Europe, the USA, Israel, Zambia, and Namibia

Healing Properties*: The stone wards off heart pains and cardiac asthma, and a daily bathing of the eyes in Malachite water strengthens the optic nerves. It decreases susceptibility to radiation illness, asthma, arthritis, and tumors, and aids in the function of the pancreas and spleen.

Magickal Properties: Malachite reminds us to renew our connection with the All. It improves one's outlook and releases stress to create new beginnings. It builds one's strength, and is the stone of pregnant women. The copper in the stone gives it a steady, pulsing electrical field, absorbing negative energies from the aura and protecting against outside negativity. Used with the Third Chakra, Malachite clears static or repressed emotion. The stone counteracts negative ideas about love and relationships, attracting positive love. Additionally, it is good for emotional stability and balance. Malachite can detect danger; legend says that the stone will break apart in warning of an immanent calamity. The stone lends its protective magick especially well to children, keeping away nightmares, the "evil eye", and other negative influences. Use in magickal rites to build power, as well as to increase control over where the energy is sent. It is a great stone for actors and public speakers, as it draws attention to one's person. According to Roman belief, use of Malachite can enable communion with animals and their spirits. Worn during business meetings, or placed in the cash register, Malachite increases one's sales and prosperity.

Chakra Association: Malachite works with all seven chakras, but has a special affinity for the Third, or Solar Plexus Chakra, and the Fourth, or Heart Chakra.

Element: Earth

Energy: Receptive

Planetary Association: Venus

*Magickal healing should never take the place of seeing a doctor and following any recommended prescriptions, actions, or other advice. Magick works best in tandem with physical efforts, anyway, so don't skimp on those check-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment