Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

August 11th, 2012

I'm looking at an exciting upcoming week to round off my summer vacation - tomorrow my mom, Ben, and I are all heading to our grandparents' house for a few days (Nick is there already). Then, rather than just coming home, we'll be with my Aunt C and her friend Leah until Friday. I should still be able to update my blog, though. By way of interest, I will be taking my travel altar, but I'm not sure how much of an opportunity my grandparents are going to give me to use it, as I'm not openly Pagan with them and would like to avoid awkward questions. The stone-o'-the-day is Bloodstone, which is rather appropriate, as I've been working with it today and yesterday.
 ~~~~~~~~~~
 Bloodstone
Physical Characteristics: Bloodstone, or Heliotrope,, as it is sometimes called, is a very dark green stone that may have small white or blue splotches. It is most notable, however, for the flakes of metallic red or yellow layered over the green. Sometimes the color is very noticeable, and sometimes it's a very subtle effect, better seen under direct light.
 
In Nature: Bloodstone is a form of chalcedony. When green chalcedony contains flecks of red jasper or iron oxide, it is know as Bloodstone. When the spots are yellow, it is often given the name "Plasma".

Chemical Composition: SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide)

Mohs Scale Hardness: 6.5 - 7 (middle-high)

Can be Found: India, Brazil, China, Australia, and the USA.

Healing Properties*: The stone helps with cleansing the blood, thus detoxifying the body, and supports all organs that do the same. Bloodstone's most famous use is in halting bleeding, especially small cuts and nose-bleeds. Obviously, the more serious the cut, the more difficult it becomes to heal it quickly. For pregnant mothers, a Bloodstone worn on the arm can prevent miscarriage, while one on the thigh eases childbirth and reduces the risk of hemorrhaging.

Magickal Properties: In addition to its healing potential, Bloodstone gives one protection from negativity. The stone brings adaptability, especially in survival situations, but also in daily life. It is cleansing on all levels, working emotionally to ease sorrow and depression. Bloodstone is also used to bring courage, strength, victory, and wealth, and is an excellent stone to have on hand in business and legal matters. The stone increases the body's energy circulation and removes blockages. Additionally, Bloodstone provides a figurative invisibility when one is looking to blend in with the crowd.

Chakra Association: Bloodstone is tied to the First, or Root Chakra.

Element: Fire

Energy: Projective

Planetary Association: Mars

*Magickal healing should never take the place of seeing a doctor and following any recommended prescriptions, actions, or other advice. Magick works best in tandem with physical efforts, anyway, so don't skimp on those check-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment