Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Friday

August 17th, 2012

I have some really sad news today. Last month, Nick got a pet frog named Dot from a family friend. While we were on vacation, dad called to tell us that she had escaped. He searched for a long time, and set out plates of water, but never caught sight of her. Then last night, I had a dream that Dot had died. Today, as we returned home from our trip, I really hoped that it had only been a dream, and that we'd find Dot alive and okay. Unfortunately, it seemed she never found the water, or perhaps it had been too late even after dad set it out, because we found her dead under Nick's window. Nick was positively devastated, of course, and the rest of us were very sad as well. We buried her in the backyard, in a flower bed by the pool and marked the spot with a stone and some chamomile flowers. Later, I also made a circle around the area with some dried lavender I had harvested. Tomorrow, when I'm less worn out, I'll do a ritual to cleanse the house of negativity. In the meantime, I'm wearing my rose quartz and am trying to keep a positive attitude around Nick.

Dot, you were much loved. You were too young to go, and I hope that in the Summerland, you find a brilliant pond waiting for you.

Merry did we meet, and although our parting was perhaps not the merriest of occasions, I take comfort in knowing that we will merry meet once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment