Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

January 29th, 2012

Yikes. This week has been downright scary. It's a new semester, and my schedule is different. I don't have an elective, for one thing, so I'm way more stressed than usual. It's nice, therefore, to be able to just sit in my room for a while and unwind, listen to some music, and really ground. Let's face it, sooner or later everyone gets stressed. (In my case, sooner.) When that happens, we make bad choices, we can't think straight, and it's hard to concentrate. It's also hard to do magick, making it all the more difficult to solve the problem. However, if we only ground and center, we can clear our heads long enough to do something about it. I found this great spell online, which uses storms as a metaphor for life's difficulties. It's simple, and without long ritual attached, so one could do it in a circle with candles and crystals, or in the hall right before that job interview you've been dreading.

~~~~~~~~~~

Storms within
and storms without
storms above
and storms below,
in my center
only stillness
Its my will,
and it is so.


~~~~~~~~~~


2 comments:

  1. I really like that spell! It's nice. Also the picture is awesome! As for grounding, the following stones are really good for grounding...

    Hematite
    Obsidian
    Brown Jasper
    Brown Zircon

    Sitting in a circle of these stones & meditating on grounding is a good way to get the job done :) also, sitting in a circle of salt while just holding one or more of these stones & meditating is a great way to ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, Obsidian is my favorite stone for grounding.

      Delete