Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

January 2nd, 2012

Hazelnut came to visit last night, much to my great delight, and was able to stay over, so we were up quite late jamming to music and playing Wii, among other things. We also escaped from my brothers for a time, to do some more Pagan activities.


Aunt C gave me this robe, but because it doesn't fit me well, I never wore it. However, it fits Hazelnut beautifully, so I gave it to her.


Aunt C also gave me this one, which I do wear for Sabbats, although I'm often too lazy to put it on for Esbat.


This morning we made corn dollies for Imbolc. We used some raffia-type material however, not actual corn husks. I got a huge bag of the stuff for free from school. They were going to get rid of it, as it's a fire hazard, so I took it for them.


My Goddess dolly. Hazelnut suggested that I braid her hair, so I did, and I love how it came out.


And my God dolly. His arms came out a bit thick for his body, but I'm pleased with it nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. The red robe is very pretty! I have one similar to it, but mine is black with gold trim. The gold is peeling off, however, which is sad. But at the same time, it looks neat where the gold used to be because it's a dark grey color now.

    Also, I really like your God & Goddess dolls. They are very well made :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I was pretty pleased with how the dolls came out too, and they were really simple! You just fold a bundle of the raffia in half and tie it for the arms, fold a second bundle in half and tie it at the top for the head, and stick the arm bundle through the body/head bundle. Then just tie some yarn beneath the arms, and wrap the yarn around the body. Takes maybe 10 minutes! I'd love to see a picture of your robe; you should post one! :D Mine actually has a rip in it, so I've gotta fix that sometime....

    ReplyDelete