Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

Amaryllis

My brother gave me an Amaryllis bulb for X-mas, and I'll be growing it over the coming months. The word "Amaryllis" comes from Greek mythology. Legend has it that Amaryllis, a nymph, was in love with Alteo, a shepherd who loved only flowers. So, every night for 30 days, Amaryllis stood outside his home and pierced her chest with a golden arrow. On the 30th day, Amaryllis died, and Alteo opened the door to find a beautiful crimson flower that had grown from her blood. Amaryllis' magickal uses are primarily for determination, innocence, pride, and beauty. However, a note: if you intend to use Amaryllis in any kind of a ritual, do not burn or ingest the plant, as it is poisonous!

No comments:

Post a Comment