Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Tuesday

June 2nd, 2015

Destiny and I had a fun afternoon today! Her grandma drove us over to a local Half-Priced Books (which I hadn't even realized we had), and we spent a couple hours totally geeking out over books. I got a couple of things - as it would happen, their metaphysical section was in fact better-developed than most Borders'.

I got a little book about Nordic runes, and then we each got a copy of a volume recording Celtic myths and legends. I also got the next book in the Dresden Files series, because why not? Book reviews to follow for the first two, as soon as I get my act together and read something new instead of just rereading YA books (but hey, the Kane Chronicles have me all psyched over Egyptian mythology, so there's that).

Afterwards, we drove over to a nearby metaphysics shop - yet another place I had no idea existed! We had a bit of a time limit, so we only got to stay long enough to wander a little and get a feel for the place, but it was absolutely lovely and had a huge selection of crystals available, so it won me over immediately. The place was called Quest Books, or something to that effect. Apparently, they also have a labyrinth down the street one can go walk.

In short, if I keep finding brilliant places like this, my bank account is going to be in trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment