Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

January 26th, 2013

Today is Esbat, isn't it? I just realized that. After six hours of building the set for our school musical, I spent most of my afternoon relaxing in bed, reading a collection of short stories from the library about the Green Man and other nature spirits. I'll be having dinner soon, and I suppose I'll do a nice little ritual for Esbat after that.
I re-learned the lesson that one cannot trust everything one reads on the internet just now. I was looking for pictures of Bee Hummingbirds, because they're small and presumably cute, and I wanted to know what they look like. I came across this picture:


The associated website labelled it a "Bee Hummingbird", but my brother, who is well on his way to becoming a zoologist, told me to look at the legs - they are much too long to be those of a Hummingbird. He identified it instead as a Cuban Tody. Bee Hummingbirds do live in Cuba; whoever took this picture simply mislabelled the local wildlife. Instead, Bee-birds look more like this:


Aren't they sweet? I figured that if I want to consider the Hummingbird my patronus animal, I should probably know more about their corporeal counterparts!

No comments:

Post a Comment