Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Friday

January 18th, 2013

I'm so happy! I got an "A" on all of my finals, including the one I had to take for Calculus! Thank Goddess!

In other news, I'm still working my way through Judika Illes' Encyclopedia of Spirits, and was particularly interested in the entry for the Roman goddess Minerva. Apparently, in addition to her common association with the Greek Athena, Minerva is a goddess of the arts and of artists. As an artist myself, that would make her a potential deity to consider as a matron. Also interestingly, her Feast days occur from March 19th to March 23rd - my birthday is March 20th. I'll have to consider this.
I've been toying with the idea of cultivating a relationship with Dionysus for some time now, who, in addition to being a god of wine, is a god of theatre and actors, of which I would also consider myself one. Dionysus' Roman counterpart is Bacchus. Since Dionysus and Minerva both come from the same region and don't have any mythological tensions between them, I would think they could work as patron/matron pair. I don't want to decide on patron deities too quickly, though - it's a big commitment. I've also been considering working more closely with Shinto deities. Anyone have any idea if Shinto and Greco-Roman deities would conflict with each other?

Minerva

1 comment:

  1. I have no idea in regards to your question, but I am greatly appreciating reading your blog! and learning. Best of luck to you and congrats on the A's. Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete