Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Tuesday

January 15th, 2013

Eek, it's finals week! I've got tests Wednesday through Friday, and although for the most part I'm feeling pretty confident, I have had some trouble the past two nights getting to sleep and staying asleep, and then even once my brainwaves have slowed down to a sleeping state, I keep having nightmares. As such, I've decided to make and empower a sleep sachet, and call upon the Baku, a Japanese Shinto spirit who eats nightmares and turns them into happiness and good fortune.
~~~~~~~~~~
Baku's Sleep Sachet

  • A piece of blue or purple cloth, at least 4" X 4"
  • Scissors
  • Ribbon, possibly matching the color of the cloth
  • Rosemary (dream recall)
  • Lavender (peaceful sleep)
  • Tumbled Agate, Amethyst, and/or Geode
  • White slip of paper
  • Pen
First, cut the cloth into a square if (like me) you just grabbed a weirdly-shaped fabric scrap because it was on hand. Remember, keep it at least four inches on each side!  Then, using the scissors or another, similar implement, make holes around the fabric's edge, spacing them evenly. This way, the cloth can be turned into a draw-string pouch later. In Circle, cleanse, consecrate, and empower all the supplies. You might recite an empowering invocation that draws on the associated powers of the herbs, and stones, for example, asking for protection from night terrors while bestowing kind, insightful dreams and restful sleep. Place the herbs and stones in the center of the fabric. Then, on the slip of paper, write the following, three times: "ばく, べて ください." This is Japanese for "Eat it, Baku!", the spirit's traditional invocation. If desired, say the invocation out loud as it is written. The Japanese phrase is pronounced "Baku, tabete kudasai." Next, roll up the paper and put it in the center of the cloth, also. Thread the ribbon through the holes cut previously, and draw tightly closed. Then say a final blessing over the pouch, perhaps holding it in your hand: "Through this cloth, magick seeps to bring me a good night of sleep, and dreams that come be peaceful and kind, remembered tomorrow in my waking mind.". The sleep sachet is done. To use, just set it either under your pillow or next to your bed. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment