Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

September 12th, 2015

I went on a field trip today! It was for my Architecture History class, and we went to check out a gorgeous Romanesque and Byzantine cathedral, and then we went to a cemetery.

I know it's not quite Samhain yet, but it certainly felt like October today, and it seemed appropriate to wander the grounds a bit. My professor described the architectural precedents for a lot of the mausoleums, and I tried just to honor the local spirits with a small offering when we got off the bus.


The newer area was designed according to Feng Shui principles. For instance, this fountain has a line running through it to mark the Northern direction. Theoretically, it would also align with local dragon energies. However, my professor explained that this area was actually built over an old garbage dump, and therefore has too much bad Chi to really fix with Feng Shui.


Here's a family grave marked with a Celtic cross, and which also has a statue of Grief personified.


This cemetery had a lot of obelisks, and apparently those are usually used for burying Free Masons.


We saw tons of really neat things today, but this mausoleum was possibly the most interesting to me personally. It's designed in an Egyptian style, and there's actually sphinxes on either side of the doors. The symbol in the center, with the sun disk, wings, and serpents, is actually the emblem of the goddess Isis, and is used on Her temples in Egypt. 

I was originally supposed to go on a camping trip this weekend with a local Pagan group, but it ended up being cancelled for a variety of reasons. Because of work and my field trip, I wouldn't have been able to go, anyway. However, we're supposed to be having a Mabon ritual next weekend, so I'm looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment