Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Tuesday

December 13th, 2011

It occurred to me this morning that after 3 months of having this blog, I have never once mentioned how I first found the Craft. So, without further ado... I take you back about 3 years ago, to 2008:

I was in the back seat of the car, next to my brothers, reading a book on the supernatural. Fairies, dragons, ghosts, witches. The book said real witches followed Wicca. I asked my mom what that was, and she said to ask my Aunt C, as that is what she practiced herself. I was too shy to ask her anything though, so instead I did a Google search. What came up were websites talking about the Lord and Lady, karma, reincarnation, and more. Words of love and peace filled the screen, and I smiled to myself. It seemed like such a peaceful thing. But I let it go at the time. Then, it was just words. I was Christian, and though Wicca was interesting, I wasn't about to change my religion. Not yet. But somewhere it stuck with me in the back of my mind, just waiting. Waiting for something to change.

A jump to 2009:

Religion had become more difficult for me in this one short year. Questions started building, about God, and why the Bible said terrible things would happen to those who didn't follow it exactly. It made no sense to me for a supposedly loving God to send wonderful people to hell just because they believed in a different deity. In the final days of summer, my mom took my siblings and I to the library. The library had been consolidated to a warehouse, as the main building was being rebuilt and renovated. The warehouse was small, and the bookshelves were tall, with narrow paths between them. The windows along one wall, however, were huge, and beams of light made the shelves glow. Dust floated in the air, and the whole place seemed to hold its breath as quiet libraries often do. A feeling of mystery hung around, and though I could not have put my finger on it at the time, the Goddess was there, guiding me. I walked to a new part of the library, next to the fantasy section. I lived in the fantasy realms of books, and yet something pulled me out of my usual haunt. A book on the shelf caught my eye: Teen Witch, by Silver Ravenwolf. I assumed that it was simply more fantasy, so I stuck it in my bag and continued. When I got home and took it out, I realized it wasn't a fictional novel at all, but a book about Wicca, that mystical thing that I had found the year before. I read the book, cover to cover, and knew I had found something stupendous, something that would change my life forever. I set up a tiny altar in the corner of my room, and sitting there, felt as though I had come home at last.

2 comments:

  1. HummingBird... You are the most interesting person i have ever met. I'm glad YOU'RE the one who introduced me to Wicca. You didn't force me like Jehovah witness' do or Christians, but you showed me something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I said, all that matters to me is that you're happy. As long as you are happy with what you believe, that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete