Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

June 29th, 2015

Right before we left for vacation, one of the women I work with was putting together a children's program about fairies. Part of her itinerary involved the kids decorating little fairy houses, and she asked me to decorate a sample for her.

Fast-forward to today. I got to work and found my little demo fairy house in my mailbox, along with another little undecorated one. They're so cute, and so easy to make!



They're just little wooden birdhouses, of the sort that you could buy for a few dollars at most craft stores. At that point, they can be painted. I used acrylics for this one, in bright colors. After it's painted, flowers, glitter, and rhinestones make for fine augmentation.

One could also go for a naturalistic theme and use dried leaves, mosses, bark, or etc. to decorate, though personally I prefer color. 

Store-bought bird houses are best reserved for indoor use, though if you'd like an outdoor display, clear coats of polyurethane or similar can work for weather proofing.

Having fairy homes like this in one's living space is a great way to attract the flighty spirits. You might even create a ritual to dedicate the house in their honor.


No comments:

Post a Comment