Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Thursday

August 20th, 2015

I made another video for YouTube today. It's a little tour of my meditation shrine-altar-thing.


I strive to make my practice as accessible as possible to as wide a range of people as possible. I'm certain that I'm not always successful, but I'm also happy to hear suggestions on what I can do to improve my work. Yesterday, I discovered that YouTube has an option to created closed captioning for one's videos. This would allow hard of hearing or deaf individuals to watch my content, and obviously that's a very good thing. To turn on the captions, you have to mouse over the video so the timeline appears, and then click the button near the volume control which says CC.

The way I've been doing it, I basically have to transcribe everything. This is a quick thing to do for one video, but not so quick when one has 20+ videos that need captions. I have about half of them done now (through 2011, I believe, as well as my most recent two), but I think I'll have to finish the rest some other time, as the joints of my fingers are starting to protest my typing.

Tomorrow I leave for school. We packed the van, and I don't think I'm forgetting anything. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment