Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Thursday

August 13th, 2015

I had a rather unexpectedly exciting evening last night. My brothers decided they wanted to see the Perseids, so they set up our big tent in the backyard.


Dad got a little bonfire going, and we roasted marshmallows for s'mores. Then we laid a big quilt out on the grass to lay on and look up at the stars. The meteor shower didn't really get going until about 10:00, when we saw several fainter ones and two or three that were quite bright. We stayed up a few hours watching, and then camped out in the tent.


The name of the annual meteor shower is derived from the name Perseus, the constellation through which the shower appears. Perseus, of course, is the hero in Greek mythology who among other things, tamed Pegasus.

No comments:

Post a Comment