Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Wednesday

Blanket Crystals

My readers may or may not recall that I've been working on a bit of a weighted blanket project the last week or two. I'm very excited to see it done (although if JoAnn's doesn't restock their poly pellets soon that may be a while), but thought you all might be interested in a little enhancement I'm adding to it.


I'm always trying to come up with ways to more neatly integrate my magickal life with my mundane one, and it occurred to me that I could add little crystal chips in with the weight beads.

I chose four little pieces, one for each corner of the blanket. I found an Amethyst, Tiger's Eye, clear Quartz, and a blue-black chip of what might be Slate. I'll be empowering them for qualities like comfort, genuineness, relaxation, and similar - in essence, the same qualities which a weighted blanket is intended to provide.

These little chips are tumbled, of course, so they shouldn't damage the fabric, and I'm mixing them in with the beads as I pour those in. If anyone is interested in making a weighted blanket, with or without crystals, this is the tutorial I have been following here.

No comments:

Post a Comment