Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

February 20th, 2012

Today, I checked out (among other things) a book called Rupert's Tales from the library. It is a precious story about Rupert the rabbit who

"...sets out to discover how and why people leave their homes to celebrate seasonal holidays in the forest where he lives."

The book is by a woman who goes by Kyrja, and essentially explains the meaning behind Beltane, Litha, Lammas, and Mabon through the eyes of a rabbit. It is aimed at younger readers, but even I, as a high-schooler, was enchanted simply by the novelty of finding a Pagan picture book. I haven't finished it yet (it's quite long for a picture book!), but the Beltane story was simply adorable, and... I don't know... is magick in its own right. Somehow you can't not feel warm and fuzzy reading it, even if you are familiar with the meaning behind the Sabbats. I'd highly recommend it to anyone and everyone, but particularly if you have Pagan children!


No comments:

Post a Comment