Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Thursday

February 23rd, 2012

Well, I simply cannot state how excited I am for tomorrow! It is Hazelnut's birthday, and Raincloud, Raincloud's cousin, and I are all going to Hazelnut's for a serious party. :) I've been itching to post a picture of what I got her, but I'd hate to spoil the surprise for her, so that shall have to wait. As it is, I want to share some intriguing information from a book I checked out at the library last weekend. The Book of Chakras, by Ambika Wauters, gives a really in-depth look at all seven major chakras, as well as various ways to heal said chakras. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to share some of what I have learned.

The Root Chakra is located at the very base of the spine. As the name suggests, this chakra is a vortex of energy within the body directly related to a feeling of being rooted, stable. When this energy is out of whack, one can feel too tied to the past, or, on the other hand, very insecure. When the energy is balanced, one can draw on the strength of the past while remaining fully in the present and stabilized in one's life and what one is doing.
Generally speaking, this chakra is fully developed by age 7; however, if one had a difficult early life, the chakra may require additional work to get it on-par. It is associated with the color red, and, if one is musically inclined, the note C. It can be opened through through tribal music, particularly drumming, and is also strongly associated with Native American reserves, and the great wilderness. Mythologically, this chakra is commonly paired with the great Indian elephant Ganesh, a white creature with seven tusks. If one wants to get more in touch with the Root Chakra, try saying the following affirmation before getting up and/or before going to sleep:

~~~~~~~~~~

I live from my integrity.
I love from my heart. I am connected to life in all its glory.
I know who I am and make choices based on what I know to be right for me.
I affirm my right to the life I choose.
I confirm my right to belong and be a part of something greater than myself.
I know I am truly good.
I live from the depths of my soul longing to express itself in the world.
I stand for justice, truth, and love.
I am supported in life through all my choices to do good and share the light of love.
My body supports me in living a happy and creative life.
I am open to the spirit of life, which carries me beyond my original limits to a higher, more creative space.
I am thankful for all the opportunities for growth and development that have come my way.
I am grateful for the challenges that have taught me who I truly am.
I love life.

~~~~~~~~~~~

If you enjoy working with crystals, gems such as Ruby, Hematite, and Bloodstone can all do wonders for the Root Chakra. Hold them in the appropriate place and visualize the healing energy of the stone sucking up all the negativity and replacing it with positive energy. Just be sure to wash your stone in running water afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment