Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

February 12th, 2012

I've been thinking a lot recently about balancing the elements within my room. A few rough weeks have left me trying to find that magick spark to get my life back on track. Today, I want to share one of the ways that I maintain balance within my room: candles of the appropriate color are placed for each direction of my room.

The only yellow votive candle in the house is on my altar for a quarter candle, so I have a baby blue votive on the east side of my room. This one, representing element Air, is from a baby shower years ago, so it's done up all pretty:


On the south side of my room, I have a jewelry chest, and on it sits this little pink votive, for Fire:


I've got two bookshelves on the west side of my room, so my blue Water votive sits in front of the books:


Right in front of me, I have a green votive for Earth. Since Earth is the one that's most off-balance for me, I have an owl ring and shell next to it for added support. Of course, one might argue that both tend to belong to different elements, and generally I would agree. However, the ring is a gray metal, and seems to associate itself with Earth, at least to me. Further, the shell is pure white, and feels like bone. The three just seem to go together.


And finally, I have a dream catcher and set of wind chimes hanging from my fan in the center of the room for Spirit. I apologize for the bad picture; I couldn't find an angle and lighting combination that looks good.


Do you do anything within your room, home, garden, or even altar to balance the elements? Please share; I'm always looking for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment