Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

November 6th, 2011

While my mom and dad don't really mind my religious choice, they still expect me to go with them to church and to participate and whatnot. As such, I have been helping with the preschoolers' Sunday School. Today, the craft we did was so Pagan I couldn't help but smile to myself. The kids made shakers out of two paper bowls filled with grains (corn, rice, and barley) and then decorated the outside with a printed-and-cut-out picture of a woman holding grains. She was supposed to be Ruth or something from the Bible, but all I could think was the Goddess at Lammas. Obviously, it's a little late in the season for harvest activities, but come next Mabon or Lammas, this could be a really cute craft for Pagan kids. They sound a lot like rainsticks when shaken, so one could even devise a small, kid-friendly ritual where you make these shakers and shake them to "rain" abundance (symbolized by the grain) on the household. It also gives the little ones fun instruments to use in ritual that won't break the bank to replace if something were to happen to them.

In other news, I want to decorate my altar for Yule today, after I finish this post and get off the computer. Pictures, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment