Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

November 28th, 2011

Good evening, ladies and gents! I have a few random things to share with you all today, not the least of which being a most intriguing new book I'm reading for English class. It's a fantasy novel called A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness, and is about the four classes of humanoid creatures: humans, vampires, daemons, and witches. The reason I bring this up here is that the witches are Pagan, and I've so far been enjoying all the little references to our culture. I haven't finished it yet (I'm about half through), but so far it's been a great book, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys fantasy.
Also, I happen to knit small bunnies, stuff them with lavender, and sell them. Over Thanksgiving, my Grandma Fran suggested using cornstarch instead of actual lavender, and infusing said cornstarch with essential oils. This gave me the idea for making talismans to be carried in the purse, put under the pillow, in the car, etc. by putting some of said oil and flour in a pouch of cheesecloth or other fabric. It could also include other spices, beads, written incantations, and the like, but personally, I like the idea of just keeping it simple with the pouch and flour, and empowering it in a simple ritual.
Finally, I spent some time today making a simple video of "Glory to the Newborn Sun", one of my favorite Yule carols. Here it is:

Other songs on my Yule carol playlist include Have a Holly Jolly Yuletide, Silver Bells, Solstice Night, The Holly and the Ivy, Moon of Silver, Winter Solstice Song, Wiccan Wonderland, We Wish You a Merry Yuletide, Greensleeves, Joy to the World, and Have Yourself a Merry Little Yuletide.

No comments:

Post a Comment