Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

November 27th, 2011

After a hiatus of something like two weeks, I'm proud to announce that I'm back! :) Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can get really into the Yule spirit, and today I put up my personal Yule tree. Every year, my parents get a real Christmas tree for the living room that we all decorate, but every room in the house gets its own artificial tree, so I've co-opted mine for Yule purposes. It's not decorated yet, because Mom didn't want to get all the decorations out, but it's up. I've also been listening to Yule carols on Youtube. My personal favorite is Solstice Night, a Pagan take on Silent Night. Here are the lyrics, for those who are interested.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Silent night, Solstice Night
All is calm, all is bright
Nature slumbers in forest and glen
Till in Springtime She wakens again
Sleeping spirits grow strong!
Sleeping spirits grow strong!

Silent night, Solstice night
Silver moon shining bright
Snowfall blankets the slumbering Earth
Yule fires welcome the Sun's rebirth
Hark, the Light is reborn!
Hark, the Light is reborn

Silent night, Solstice night
Quiet rest till the Light
Turning ever the rolling Wheel
Brings the Winter to comfort and heal
Rest your spirit in peace!
Rest your spirit in peace!
~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment