Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Friday

November 11th, 2011

A few things of interest happened the last few days. Do you remember that random post I had about music a while ago? Well, as it would turn out, Mr. H, my chamber choir teacher, has some friends at a university with a wonderful music program, and they came to sing with and for us on Wednesday. They had one song that I loved, where they spread out around the auditorium and did this piece in Latin. It was even more interesting to me, because the same tingly feeling I get when moving and raising energy came over me, and it occurred to me how music, sang right, really is little more than moving energy, raising and lowering it. Quite literally, singing, or even speaking, is vibrating the vocal cords to send out energy: sound waves. The more this is done, varying the notes and the intensity with which they are sung, can amass a huge amount of energy, which in situations like a concert can be further amplified by the excitement of the audience. 'Twas just...interesting. The Esbat was last night, but I'm going to do my ritual today, because I won't have play practice in the evening. Last night, however, I did take a cleansing shower and meditated a bit before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment