Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

February 20th, 2017

I had a fun time tonight over at the campus craft shop hand-making paper; one of my friends is an RA, and she set it up as an event for her floor. We weren't using any particularly fine techniques, but it was cool to learn how to do, and I think my sheets will make a nice addition to my Book of Shadows.


The craft shop had a pulper to grind up fabric and paper scraps, which were submerged in water. Then we took forms with mesh across them (deckles) and dipped them into the slurry; pulling these up creates a thick, goopy mess of future-paper on the form. We had the option to add in bits of string, decorative fabric, or seeds, and there was also a little bit of spray-dye, so I spritzed mine with blue. Then you have to squeeze and press the water out of it, all while being careful not to tear the wet paper.

It has to dry overnight, which means I can't pick it up before tomorrow at the earliest, but I am excited to see how it came out! I've always wanted to try paper-making, so this was a good experience. I'm not sure if I'll reserve all of it for my Book of Shadows, but I definitely will set aside a sheet or two for that purpose.

Paper-making can be done in the home, but I've never done it myself, and therefore do not have much information on the subject. That being said, additives like pigment, essential oils, petals or seeds, and etc. can all be used to personalize paper for spiritual and magickal uses. I'd love to try it again sometime - perhaps that's a summer project!

No comments:

Post a Comment