Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

February 19th, 2017

It occurred to me that, although I showed pictures of mine, I never explained in my post last night what a vision board is. Lots of people - including plenty of non-Pagans - make them, because they are a tool for goal setting, affirmations, etc. When made with intent, they are a powerful way to create change in your life.

Simply put, one collects images from photographs, magazines, newspapers, or other sources that reflect a goal or series of goals. One then collages these together, and displays the board where it is visually prominent. Seeing the board subconsciously reinforces one's commitment to those goals. If done in conjunction with a ritual, or even a more informal spiritual setting, once could charge it with power to further reinforce its energy.


The above example is from Google Images; searching the term "vision board" brings up many others. They can be made for the whole year, for a single goal, for many goals - it's really up to the individual. One of the women at SIPA last night says that she does mini, weekly vision boards in her planner - I know I don't have the time to do that regularly, but it sounds like a fun (and useful!) idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment