Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

April 21st, 2012

Okay, Blogger seems to have switched it up a bit, and that threw me off, but I think I've got it figured out now. In any event, today marks the first real "weekend" I've had since September: no rehearsals, no set-build - nothing. I can just stay home and write.
Something kind of funny happened in English class earlier this week. Our student teacher was talking about the idea of archetypes, and how they apply to literature. Then he handed us a list of the more common ones: the Mother, the Chariot, the Fool, the Hermit, the Devil, Death, the Hanged Man, the Lovers, just to name a few. What does this sound suspiciously like? Tarot cards! Indeed, the most common types of archetypes in literature are pulled right from the major arcana! I was so greatly amused by this synchronism that I brought my tarot cards the next day to show him, and he agreed. Never would I have thought that I'd be using my deck in the middle of English class...
On a more serious note, later that week my friend Steph announced to the class that she is atheist, which I was already aware of, but a majority of the class wasn't. Both of us have had some past difficulties where Paganism and atheism are concerned, so we're hoping that our current class is more accepting of her. Positive energy is always appreciated.
Finally, I know I've had posts in the past where I've posted ideas for one of my best friends in a bad situation, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, I say again: no matter who you are, or where, or what you've done, you always deserve to be loved, by yourself most of all. And whoever you are reading this, whether I know you or not, know that I love you also, and that no matter how hard things get, it will get better. Life moves in cycles, some happy, some sad, and some downright awful. But the happy times come back around; sadness isn't forever. God and Goddess are around you always, but they are inside you also, giving you strength. Whatever happens, they always love you and want you to be happy and safe. On that note, here's a little ritual I compiled out of some ideas I found on the web:
~~~~~~~~~~~
Cast circle and invoke God and Goddess

Place a candle (white or black works best, but use what you have) in each of the cardinal points.

Call the Quarters.

Concentrate on the the healing, and visualize the problem that needs correcting.*

Face the East, light the candle, and say:

"Candle burn
Shine your light
Take what's wrong
And make it right."

Repeat with the South candle and then the West candle, and the the North candle.

Visualize the healing powers generated by these candles flowing into you. Then Chant:

"Dispel the agony,
let these wounds heal.
Banish the suffering,
no suffering to feel."

As you say this, imagine yourself surrounded by a healing, protective light that shines brighter each time you repeat the chant.

Then, write down on a blank piece of paper all the negative thoughts you have. Make it as detailed and as personal as possible.
Place your paper full of negative thoughts in a container which will hold fire safely (don't set you or your house on fire!)**. Set the paper alight, and as it burns say:

Fire burns and takes away
All that causes me pain
Negative thoughts and fears
They will not trouble me again.

Fire burns and turns to smoke
All that once troubled me
These things no longer exist
As I will it, so mote it be!

Bury the ashes in a garden or scatter them in the wind. Your negative thoughts and feelings are no more.
At this point, you could choose to close the circle, or go on to an additional activity to promote peace and happiness. Grab another sheet of paper and write down the intentions, desires, and affirmations that express what you are going to start giving to yourself and cultivating within yourself to brighten your life.
Fold it up and put it in the middle of the candles to be infused with the positive energy.
Say an affirmation of love to yourself. Close your eyes and have a wonderful meditation session (add in some positive music, if you feel so inclined) for as long as you feel necessary. Bring your hands to your chest in prayer position and say, "Thank you" or any other words of gratitude. Keep the positive paper with you at all times, or at least as much as is feasible (in a necklace, perhaps?)

Then thank God and Goddess, release the Quarters, and close the circle.

*Note: this half of the ritual can also be done for another person, if they are in need of it. Just visualize them at this time, and throughout the ritual.

**Some people, myself included, are not allowed to burn things. If this is the case, then tear the paper into tiny pieces, as small as you can make them.

1 comment: