Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Tuesday

April 24th, 2012

The weather was nice again today. It has been fluctuating so much outside recently that it's hard to say for sure, but perhaps spring will decide to stick around now permanently. I have the window open, and, as Nick so eloquently put it, "it smells like wind". I found a poem today that I should like to share. It's called "Thank a Tree", by Michael Mack.

When
you are
sitting in
your wooden house
relaxing comfortably
protected from the elements
outside
thank a
t
r
e
e
When
you place logs
upon the fireplace
shutting out what cold may be
as the shadows of the flames dance on the
ceiling,
thank a
t
r
e
e
When
you pour
syrup on your
pancakes or hear robins
sing outside, then thank a tree
for everything it's able to provide
And
when you
look out at
the landscape through
the early morning mist, you
will see a sight that proves beyond
a doubt that God exists...warm sunlight falling
through the branches making diamonds out of dew
If all the things I've mentioned here mean something dear to you
Then
take the
time to come to
my retreat. Share my
serenity and, as the peacefulness
you've searched for, fills you....thank a
t
r
e
e

No comments:

Post a Comment