Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

April 23rd, 2012

It is, in today's modern age, sometimes difficult to adhere to concept of nature worship. Of course we recycle, we tend a garden, we try to use nature-friendly cleaning products, and all that is wonderful. However, as a student, I am constantly besieged by commitments to homework, family, friends, and the omnipresent television shows, apps, and Facebook. Today, I realized that it has been ages since I was outside for more than a few minutes, walking to the car or back from the bus stop. Some of this is due to the weather; it is only just now spring, and after the recent rainstorms, it has been cold. However, it is nevertheless a personal duty and joy to be outdoors, something I'd rather forgotten. So, after an initial argument, Nick talked me into biking to a nearby business district, rather overrun with trash that had blown off the garbage truck. We took some bags, headed over, and picked up as much of the junk as we could shove into our bags. And here's the funny thing, the thing daily life has made me forget: being outside feels good. It's good for everything. The sun causes your skin to produce Vitamin D, your brain releases endorphins (a natural mood booster), and the natural world helps strip us of some of the toxins that comes from being inside all the time. The body feels refreshed, revitalized. When I got home from school today, my backpack had made my shoulders ache horribly. Now I hardly notice. I think if we all got outside a little more, people might find themselves to be happier more often. On that note, I'll leave a song for you to consider...

No comments:

Post a Comment