Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

August 5th, 2013

Whoo hoo! The World of Faeries Festival was AWESOME!
I went over to Hazelnut’s house on Friday night. We were up Saturday morning at 6:30 to get into costume and buy our lunch for the day at Subway. Since we were volunteering, we had to be at the festival grounds by 8:30; she and I helped set things up and got an early look around at the vendors.


Here's me as a Time Faery named Amser.


And here's Hazelnut as a Fox Faery named Corra.


The grounds were beautiful - we had perfect weather both Saturday and Sunday. It was warm but not hot, and there was always a gentle breeze going.


New this year to the Fest was this gorgeous Andalusian Unicorn. His rider performed a bit of dressage, and all the little fairy girls and boys got to pet his (very soft) nose.


There were a lot of other great costumes, including Nautica, the Water Faery.


There was also the ever-popular "statue lady" and her pet dove, Noah.


Then, completely by surprise, we ran into Raincloud and her recently acquired boyfriend, Fox. It was wonderful to see them again!

In addition to all the wonderful people, the Faery Fest always includes wonderful things to purchase. I spent a boatload of cash, but I haven't even the tiniest of regrets. What all did I get? Let us see...



The final count includes:
  • Beaded pentacle necklace
  • Beaded Goddess necklace
  • Tumbled Howlite
  • Tumbled Angelite
  • Tumbled Celestite
  • Tumbled Lapis Lazuli
  • Tumbled Lepidolite
  • Tumbled Apache Tear
  • Tumbled Fairy Cross
  • Tumbled Jade
  • Tumbled Serpentine, carved with a Goddess figure
  • De-Stress medicine pouch including seven additional stones
  • Clock and key necklace
  • Fairy dust necklace
  • Nectarine-Guava lip balm
  • Spearmint-Eucalyptus soap
  • Mini steampunk top hat (see following picture)
  • Celtic cross earrings and matching Snowflake Obsidian necklace (not pictured)


See? It has little elastic bands on the bottom for sliding onto headbands.

My legs will be stiff for a week, but I couldn't have had more fun with my friend. Can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment