Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

August 18th, 2013

Meet my medicine pouch. I got it at the Faery Fest and am more than pleased with my purchase. The leather bag, empowered to reduce stress (because Goddess knows I deal with a lot of it), has a small Quartz crystal wand tied to it and contains six other small stones. The pouch came with a little blurb explaining the role each stone plays in stress-reduction. In the order they appear in the picture, top to bottom:
  • Aventurine: Fosters a feeling of serenity and dissolves distressing feelings
  • Chrysocolla: Helps one remain calm under sudden or intense stress
  • Dumortierite: Instils a "take-it-easy" attitude and helps one to be more relaxed
  • Moonstone: Balances and soothes changing emotions and nerves
  • Rose Quartz: Opens the heart
  • Sunstone: Instils a sunny attitude
The provided sheet also described how best to cleanse and empower the stones. According to the given instructions, one ought to either place the stones on the soil of a healthy house plant or leave them in direct sunlight for at least two hours. In this case, it seems wiser not to run them under water because the stones are so tiny - don't want one going down the drain by accident! I was already in the middle of cleansing all my other stones with some holy water yesterday, so I just went ahead and did the same with these.
Once cleansed, one should hold the stones in one's palm and imagine oneself surrounded by bright white light. Center and repeat the following (or similar) affirmation three times: "I feel calm, happy, and free as I easily let go and focus on my Life Force energy".

No comments:

Post a Comment