Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

August 17th, 2013

Today has been full of cleaning. So far, I've scrubbed down the tub, the walls of the whole first floor, and the kitchen cabinets. I swear, I'm going to smell like a pool for the rest of the day.
Our neighbors across the street had a garage sale this morning; I wandered over and picked up a cool Buddha statue for $2.00. It lights up, too, although I felt that feature was maybe a touch tacky.


He's holding the peaches of immortality, some lucky coins, and a bag (possibly of rice?). After a lot of research and some good guess work, I discovered that the kanji on the necklace, , means "good fortune". In Japanese, it is pronounced "Fuku". I think this particular Buddha might be related to Hotei, one of the seven Shichifukujin (七福神), gods of good fortune. At any rate, I really like it and placed it on my little shrine.


Here's what it looks like all put together. I added a shell to hold water and incense, and yesterday rearranged my stone collection so that the crystals are grouped by chakra association. I felt like that balanced out better than dividing them on elemental lines. As you can see, I'm having my new statue keep an eye on my medicine pouch - I don't think he'll let it wander off, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment