Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

May 6th, 2013

Whew! I had my first AP test today, out of the three that I'm taking this year. It was on Environmental Science, and I think it went okay. I got tendinitis or something similar in my right arm a few months ago, though, so as I was doing the extended response, all the writing was making my arm burn. 'Twas not fun. As they say in Japan: "Shikata ga nai" - "It can't be helped".
In addition to visiting a prospective college on Saturday, my family stopped at the Field Museum. True to form, I expanded my now quite extensive collection of rocks. Kindly bear with me as I expound upon a few of their properties over the next few days, yeah?

Amazonite
 


Physical Characteristics: Amazonite is a blue-green variety of Feldspar, named after the Amazon river, though it is not actually found in the Amazon basin. Apparently, the Spanish explorers got even more wrong than we thought.

In Nature: Feldspars are also microlines, types of minerals that are important in the formation of igneous rocks. Microclines like Amazonite are typically rich in Potassium and Sodium.

Chemical Composition: KAlSi3O8

Mohs Scale Hardness: 6 (middle)

Can be Found: The USA (especially Colorado), Brazil, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Namibia, Russia, and Zimbabwe

Healing Properties*: This stone assists in stopping self-destructive behavior, both physical and emotional, and alleviates stress and exhaustion. Additionally, Amazonite soothes the nervous system and supports the processing of information. It also improves posture and may protect against snakebite, though in modern times, unless you own a grumpy pet snake, you're probably better off working with your stone to protect against bites from other types of animals.

Magickal Properties: Allegedly, the deeper the color of the stone, the more powerful it is; though this is usually true, there's also no need to blow your food budget to get a gigantic piece of gem-quality crystal. Work with what you can get, and the stone will respond to the energy you put into it. Amazonite is a stone of self-respect, confidence, grace, and self-assuredness. Use it to increase understanding and smooth cooperation with others. Another application is to heal emotional trauma and to balance the male and female (or yin and yang) energies in the body. Furthermore, Amazonite draws forth the motivation to reach your goals, and can be used in matters relating to the truth, trust, and integrity. Due to its blue-green color, the stone brings monetary success, while opening the psychic centers. Those performing rune or tarot readings may find the stone's assistance helpful.

Chakra Association: As it deals with emotions and communication, Amazonite is connected to the Fourth (Heart) and Fifth (Throat) chakras.

Element: Earth

Energy: Receptive

Planetary Association: Uranus

*Magickal healing should never take the place of seeing a doctor and following any recommended prescriptions, actions, or other advice. Magick works best in tandem with physical efforts, anyway, so don't skimp on those check-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment