Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

May 5th, 2013

I took my first college visit yesterday to the Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago. I really want to go to school in the city, and I liked what I saw. Besides, being the "Windy City", what better place is there to connect with the element air, and its associations with intellect? Seems like a good place to go to school, don't you think? It seems an interesting challenge to find ways to connect with nature in a major city like that. There is, of course, Lake Michigan and the Chicago River for water, the aforementioned wind for air, for earth there is an abundance of parks, the zoo, conservatories, etc., and for fire, there is a seemingly endless number of city lights - electricity, after all, is part of the fire element.
While walking, I found a most intriguing feather. Perhaps it belongs to one of the fabled parrots of Parrot Park - I've never seen a pigeon with yellow feathers.


I took it as a good omen - yellow, like air, is well-connected with schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment