Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Wednesday

December 5th, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Yuletide...
On Sunday, my family went over to our local Home Depot to get a live Christmas tree for this year. It's an uber-fresh fir (a frasier, maybe?), and it smells like pine sap and oranges. Good stuff. We had to spend forever looking for one, though, since it seems everyone had taken advantage of the nice weather and had bought their trees before us! When we got home, I set up my plastic Yule tree in my room and decorated it (I forgot to take pictures though. Oops.), and also set up my Yule altar. Here's a general picture:



And here is a close-up of the middle. I have some great new items on here this year. The four red candle holders I'm using for my elemental candles were actually a gift to my dad from one of his Indian co-workers. He didn't have a use for them, so he gave them to me. These candle holders were designed as a decoration for Diwali, which I think (and correct me if I'm wrong) is sort of a Hindu equivalent to Imbolc, a Festival of Lights. I also have, holding my center Spirit candle, an adorable ceramic bowl my friend Steph made for me in her Spanish class. It's got a gold pentacle painted on both sides, and here you can just see the little green Hummingbird she made to sit on top of it! Over the summer, Hazelnut and I scored a box of holiday decorations at a garage sale - the box was full of all kinds of goodies that we split between us, this silver snowflake being one of the things I got.


This is the left side of my altar (sorry it's so dark). You can see some greenery, a gourd that I'm still drying, lots of pinecones, etc.


And this is the right side of my altar, with more greenery and my cauldron, which has a red votive for the Sun King in it.


Have a wonderful evening, everybody, and brightest blessings in this season of joy!

1 comment:

  1. OK now you are officially my favorite page on the web. I have saved it in favorites. I searched Diwali, Imbolc and you were the first to explain it perfectly. I am also having a sale in my little Etsy shop if you are interested, at etsy.com/shop/SoapSamplesAndMore. Everything, except two items, are now $1.91

    ReplyDelete