Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Saturday

December 22nd, 2012

Well, I'm happy to say that yesterday was not the end of the world, and I'm still here. I'm celebrating Yule officially today, since I had my last day of school before break yesterday, and then we spent the whole evening making cookies. After going to my grandparents' house for Thanksgiving, they're coming here for Christmas on Monday; I'm really excited to get to see them again! I've been working on designing some awesome potpourri sachets to give them as gifts, which I'll likely bless and empower in my Yule ritual today.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hummingbird's Winter Potpourri

Supplies:
  • Dried and shredded orange peel
  • Dried mint 
  • Dried pine needles
  • Cheesecloth
  • Ribbon
Instructions:
In Circle, mix an approximately equal amount of the orange peel, mint, and needles together in a bowl. Ritually sprinkle with a few drops of salt water (holy water) and empower for abundance and happiness (orange), health and prosperity (mint), and success and new beginnings (pine). Then take a square of cheesecloth and put about a tablespoon of the mixture in the center. Tie tightly with the ribbon. If the potpourri is then to be given as a gift, visualize it filling with pure white light and recite a gift blessing, such as this one*:
"Perfect love and perfect peace,

The world will dance as one.

I dream the wish to make it real,

The magick now is done."
Close Circle.

*From Silver Ravenwolf's Solitary Witch. Don't freak out at me if you don't like her writing, just make up your own gift blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment