Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

May 21st, 2012

What with all that planting yesterday, the first sunburn of the summer is setting in... My shoulders have been a little too warm for comfort all day. Ah well. In any event, some interesting developments today. I woke up and looked through the window to see a great big opossum trundling thorough the back yard. Now, not everyone likes opossums, but personally I think they're alright, and seeing one always seems to have positive connotations. Indeed, other than the sunburn, today was actually the best weekday I've had in a while. The opossum is also said to represent emotional and mental stability, which I will take as a good omen. Recently, I've been a little too stressed for comfort, and if the opossum represents a reprieve from that, I'll certainly take what I can get! Plus, my video that I had to make for English actually played on the old school computers, which was an untold relief (those things are seriously ancient).

With all said and done, I'm looking forward to a nice, quiet evening with the family tonight. Mom says we're having chef salad for dinner: various greens, cheese, peppers, ham or turkey, tomatoes, carrots, and croutons. A salad makes a great meal or side dish this time of year - so many veggies are just coming into season! Buy locally if you can, and make sure to rinse everything before you eat it to get rid of any pesticides or dirt. Try eating greens with dark leaves, like spinach (which, by the way, goes very well with some feta cheese and strawberries). Vegetables not your thing? Fruit salads taste equally awesome. Any combination of tropical fruits (bananas, mango, pineapple, papaya, star fruit, etc.) and more temperate fruits (grapes, apples, strawberries, blueberries, etc.), plus a sweet, unifying dressing contains valuable nutrients as well as citric acid and a great summer flavor. One could even make a refreshing snack, if one were to blend together some ice, orange juice, bananas, and mangoes. Are fruit smoothies awesome? I think so. The moral of the story? Enjoy the turn of the Wheel to the summer months by enjoying the fresh produce of the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment