Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

May 20th, 2012

You remember how I thought that after finishing with the musical I'd have a little more free time to write posts and whatnot? HA! I had no idea at the time that I would be getting a 740 point English project and a 400 point marketing project, along with the AP World History test and finals all in the last three weeks of school. Oh, plus the math project I'll be getting after the final. So suffice it to say, this is literally the first bit of free time I have had since my previous post.
~~~~~~~~~~
In spite of all the craziness, I've been up to some interesting things this month. The first weekend of May (the 5th, I believe), I went to Hazelnut's house. It was her year and a day, so after spending some time outside, going to an awesome drum circle, and making s'mores around a bonfire, we did her dedication ceremony. Congratulations to Hazelnut, an official member of the Craft! 

- While we were outside, Hazelnut spotted a curious little butterfly who was more than happy to crawl onto our fingers. Here it is with me:

And with Hazelnut:



Certainly not a camera-shy butterfly:


The bonfire grate. I love how pretty it is with the bright green foliage around it.


A wee wild violet growing in Hazelnut's yard:


For Mother's Day, my family went to the Morton Arboretum. Here was one of the trees: 


In the children's garden, there were fairy statues hidden in some of the trees. Well, you know how I am with fairies!


I believe these were some kind of a Japanese Cyprus, but I could be misremembering. 


The trunk on this one is wicked:


Cute little pansies:


There was a huge mess of peonies. And they were so fragrant:


The whole family spent today and yesterday expanding and planting the vegetable garden. We have chives, tomatoes, various salads, corn, watermelon, carrots, cucumber, and onions. I made the fence myself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment