Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Sunday

September 2nd, 2012

Happy Sunday, everyone! 'Tis the first weekend of the school year, for us at least, and personally, I'm quite enjoying the peace and quiet. It's a rainy day, and that too adds to the calm. Something about rain is soothing; I've heard that science attributes it to the negative (as in a + or - charge) ions that water releases - they cause the body to relax.
~~~~~~~~~~
Mabon is on the 22nd this year, a Saturday. I've got a ritual planned out, of course, but as always, I look for fun activities I can do up to that point to get in the Sabbat mood. Part of that is the decorating - anyone who knows me can tell you that I love to decorate, and though I can't put Mabon symbols all over the house, I can add to my altar. Here are some ideas to consider:
  • Use colors like red, orange, maroon, brown, yellow, and indigo.
  • Use acorns, fall leaves (especially oak), and statuary of the Mother Goddess.
  • Other plants of the season include marigolds, yarrow, sage, rose hips, and apples
  • If you like tarot cards, consider using imagery from Judgement and The World.
  • Add gourds and cornucopias.
  • Stones ruled by the sun can be included (i.e. citrine, clear quartz, gold, peridot, diamond, yellow topaz, and adventurine).
  • Animal statuary (or pictures) can include birds of prey, salmon, owls, wolves, stags, and blackbirds.
  • Mythical creature imagery can include Gnomes, Sphinxes, and Minotaurs.
  • Incense can include sage, frankincense, myrrh, cinnamon, pine, and apple blossom.


Picture from About.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment