Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Monday

July 2nd, 2012

My mom, Nick, and I took another hike through the forest preserve this morning, and boy, oh boy, it was just in the nick of time, too. It was already hot when we were out, and now it's a blistering 98 degrees. When we were finished with our walk, Nick and I discovered a water pump. Naturally, being both hot, tired, and sweaty, we wanted to cool off. Nick was convinced the pump wouldn't work, but I gave it a go anyway. After several minutes of pumping the lever fruitlessly, I began to think that Nick was right. However, I had a trick up my sleeve that Nick didn't know about - the ability to call the element water. I had called upon water before in just such a circumstance and had found it to be most effective. So, asking a bit of aid from Goddess and the water elementals, I drew the invoking pentagram of water over the pump. Giving the lever another go, I immediately felt some resistance, indicating that there was water there. A few minutes later, and the pump was merrily spewing clear, cold water, even if it did taste vaguely of copper. Once we were a bit cooler, I drew the banishing pentagram. You don't want those elementals to have to sit there all day; I'm sure they have better things to be doing than looking after a pump no-one else is using.
I spent the afternoon volunteering at my school, helping to build a parade float for our community choir, and then got home to do some reading. I've made a new deal with myself, also. I really need to get back in the habit of daily meditation and prayer. I figure that if I write it down on the internet, I may actually feel inspired to keep the promise! ;)

~~~~~~~~~~

And finally, about a month after I would have liked, I got a video of my Litha altar made. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment