Welcome

Merry Meet, all. Hummingbird, here. 21-year-old eclectic Pagan and witch who works primarily in crystal, warding, and energy magicks. Asexual, with a wonderful girlfriend. I am just beginning to learn the path of Athena. Attending college with end goal of a degree in Interior Design.

This blog is a digitalized record of my life as a Pagan. It includes spells, charms, notes on the properties of various magickal items, and my own personal experiences with my practice. Sometimes I post multiple times a day, sometimes it's once a month.

All are welcome here. Please, make yourself at home, and let me know if I can help you with anything. )0(

Tuesday

November 20th, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving! It's on Thursday, folks. And tomorrow, my family and I are going out-of-town to spend the rest of the week with my grandparents. It often seems cliché to write about what we are thankful for; at this time of year, who isn't? But by that same token, it becomes such a rote chore to people that that they don't even think about it. People end up saying the same things over and over again - "my family, my friends, the house, our food..." - so I have decided to create a list of what I really thank the Lord and Lady for, to remind myself why we celebrate.
I am thankful for:
  • Parents who support me in everything that I do.
  • Siblings who, for the most part, are loving, kind, smart, and fun to be around.
  • A pet cockatiel who is the sweetest little thing ever, and my brother's leopard gecko, who is hilarious.
  • Great grades in school.
  • A part in our spring musical, Les Miserables.
  • My part in the fall play (which just passed), Break a Leg.
  • All of the volunteering I've been able to do.
  • My job at the library.
  • My health, which has been pretty good for the most part.
  • My mom's health, after getting several surgeries.
  • My bedroom, with all of its awesomeness.
  • My best friends, who are always there for me, whether I need a hug or someone to crack jokes with.
  • My extended family, who stay in contact with me in spite of living far away.
Bright blessings to everyone in this week of thanks!

2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I think everyone should make a list of things they are thankful for this time of the year, and your list is a great one!

    ReplyDelete